Telling Cross Culture stories. - 이야기 바구니

Cross-cultural & English understanding web information



Welcome (환영)

Mistakes but Cute
( 귀여운 실수 )

Cultural Adventures with  Americans
(다른 문화 배우기)

Journey into English
( 영어 익히기)

Wrestling with Diverse Jobs
(직장 도전기)
PDF quick load version

Dating with ENG 나는 영어와 연애를 한다. Surprise photo!

Press Reporting about Dr. Lint on CBS News

Ideas in E-learning    Development             (E-learning 개발 아이디어)

My Vision for English Writing via E-learning                      (E-learning을 통한 영작문 교육에 대한 나의 비젼)

The Growth Potential of E-learning in Korea            (성장 잠재력이  가득한 E-learning)


Click the envelope to contact me!

For the Korean wife, from a Korean wife, a story about the wedding process in Korean language


This page is a joint collaboration with It will be updated as I get time, and with YOUR input. Email us here. I have gone through the process. Send any questions you have, submit other helpful resources or tell us your experience. You may write in English or Korean.

The mission of this site is to make life easier for those marrying foreign nationals to do it correct, and make life easier for the S2s to tell the correct way for the administrative actions.

Also see: A story about the wedding process for the Korean wife, by a Korean wife (in Korean).


Frequently used links

English language homepage of the US Embassy, Seoul.

Korean language homepage of the US Embassy, Seoul.



Immigrant visas (sometimes known as "green cards") are for persons who are immigrating to the U.S.; that is, persons who plan to live, work or study and remain permanently in America. Immigrant visas (IV) are a responsibility of the U.S. Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau (CONS/IV). Most IVs require an underlying petition approved by the U.S. Justice Department, Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) before any IV processing starts. If you have questions, please contact the responsible agency: CONS/IV or INS.

CONS/IV Seoul, Korea is open to the general public from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. IV applicants are seen by appointment only, Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 12:00. IV is closed to the public Wednesday afternoons and on both U.S. and Korean holidays.

If you have a question concerning IVs, please contact US Embassy at:

82 Sejong-ro, Chongro-Ku, Seoul 110-710 KOREA or
Unit 15550, APO AP 96205-0001

INTL Fax: 822-397-4501,
DOMESTIC FAX: 02-397-4501, DSN FAX: 721-4501

IV information is also available by automated FAX from within Korea by calling 02-700-2510.

The American Embassy is closed on both U.S. and Korean holidays.

Get I-130 Immigration paperwork:

This is the first part of the trek to being able to have your new wife travel with you, when you go to USA. Then you have to do a BIO form G-325A on yourself and your spouse. Below site you will find G-325A:

Info on INS Photograph Requirements which are required for BOTH sponsor and spouse:


Chest xray Required
Interview on post Mr. Ku, JAG, Seoul, Korea

Ration Card, and ID card for Post.

Change insurance GS or SGLI

USAA Car Insurance and Banking for Military

New Will

Drivers License Pam 385-2 Guide to safe driving in Korea.
M-TH 08-1030 walk in.
Driver Lic
Gas Mask Issue
CPO, insurance

An individual applying at a foreign service post for an immigrant visa and alien registration, i.e., completes the Form DS-230 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, should answer "yes" to the questions 33a and 33b on the form if he or she wants an SSN assigned.

A Guide to Immigration for Spouses of U.S. citizens in Korea
© 2006 - 2011 -2024 | Contact the webmaster